Brick Pavers Create A Superior Patio
The term “hardscape” covers a wide variety of materials and installation types. Examples include patios constructed from brick pavers, consisting of multiple levels, walkways, a driveway, a pool patio, a bar/kitchen area, and outdoor fireplaces. Hardscapes need to flow and fit your property, which is why the right hardscape elements can improve the appearance and value of your property.
A typical patio space is designed with a few different areas, consisting of a dining area, lounge area, cooking area, and if possible, a cozy fireplace or fire pit area. Incorporating the right planting material to soften the hardscapes up against the home will result in an “Elite” outdoor living space.
Brick pavers (interlocking paver systems) are the best materials to install for a multitude of reasons:
- Permeable Surface.
- Flexible System: Freezing and thawing cycles will not cause cracking, as you will see 90% of the time with concrete.
- Durability: A paver patio is extremely durable compared to decking, concrete, or asphalt, which will all deteriorate and crack over time.
- Maintenance- and Hassle-Free.
- Easy to Repair: A paver patio is easier to repair compared to concrete, decking, or asphalt where you will see an unattractive patch.
- More Options: Brick pavers give you more choices for styles, patterns, and colors.
- Economically Cheaper: You’ll get a greater return on your investment because a paver patio or driveway can increase a home’s value as much as 7% to 15%.
- Taxes: A patio will not raise your taxes like a deck.